Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our Love Story pt 3



After that first night in Muskieland things went back to normal. The only real difference was I now could put faces to the names Star and Chrysta talked about. I went back to my crazy work load and thought nothing more about the boy whose name I never caught. The only thing I was looking forward to was the Homecoming dance at West Lib. Living in Wheeling you have to take what you can get, and I get excited about any excuse to dress up and drink a little jungle juice.

What followed was the slowest work week of my entire life. It seemed like Saturday would never come, so when it finally did it didn’t even matter that I couldn’t go to the game because I of course had to work. I don’t even like football anyway so all that matter was I got off early and I was going to get my hair done. Plus Star was updating me through text messages with all the details of the day so it was like I was there anyway.

The plan was that after the game Star, Chrysta and Nika were going to pick up a few of the Muskie boys, because they were going to come to homecoming too. I of course would be getting my hair done so I was going to meet them at Stars house once I was done. Chrysta’s sister Abby and her friend Birch were coming too, so it would be a full house all of us packed into Star’s tiny apartment, but the more the merrier.
Once my hair is finally done, i get the text saying they all made it back, after some drama with Chrysta’s front tire. Everyone is safe and sound and I should come as soon as I can. Oh and there are a few more boys that was originally planned, but the more the merrier. I rush to get dressed and I kiss my sisters goodnight, tell my mom I will be home in the AM and head up the hill to Star’s house. Little did I know, this night would be one to change my life forever….

No comments:

Post a Comment