Thursday, October 8, 2009

Good Hair...I Know Enough Already, But



Unless you have been living under a rock for that past few weeks you already know all about Chris Rocks new movie Good Hair. I didn’t plan to do a post on it in the beginning because I’m sure you’re sick of hearing about it by now. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s going to be a great movie. I am hoping it will stop all the annoying questions about my hair, which I HATE times infinity. Anyway I didn’t plan to do a post because I figure you guys are as sick of hearing about the movies as I am, but then I realized one more won’t hurt, Anyway since I don’t plan on actually going to see the movie I figure I would write about what good hair means to me. (the only reason I am not going is because, that $9 can go into my gas tank, I will however rent it when it comes out)

For years little black girls have always been in search of good hair. Every little black girl I know, and I know a lot, has at one point or another has mentioned something about hair. It is sad to say that it has taken me 22 years to realize that there can be many different types of “good hair.” Good hair can be relaxed or natural, curly or straight, long or short. Good hair is healthy hair. Good hair is thick and moisturized and strong. Good hair can be worn in a bun, in braids, flat ironed, or under a wig. Good hair is however you wish to rock it. If you have locks or a TWA, as long as you are taking care of your hair then it’s all good.
If you do want to go see the movie it hits theaters tomorrow.

Peace
So much Love
Erika
p.s. sorry I know the last thing you needed was another Good Hair post.

No comments:

Post a Comment