Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall Fashion 101...Staples

Hey Dolls! So I am finally getting around to doing another fall fashion post. I know I have been slacking in the fashion department, but there is just so much on hair that I want to get thru, I sometimes forget. To make up for it this next post will be my list of staple products to have for fall. Things you can buy to update your current wardrobe, but are also things be carried over into other seasons. I think the mistake a lot of people make, myself included, is going out and buying everything a magazine says is so hot right now, then the next year it’s all unwearable. So here are 5 things that you can add to your wardrobe now, and still get use from them in the upcoming seasons.



Number one on my list would be a great pair of black skinny jeans. Although skinny jeans have been a big trend the past few years I think that they are here to stay. What is so great about them is despite their name, you don’t have to be skinny to wear them. I know this summer we saw skinny’s in every color of the rainbow, but for fall please tone it down and stick with a nice basic black pair. Try it with a basic white tee, an oversized cardigan, a big belt, and as much jewelry that you can fit around your arms and neck!



Number two on my list is the boyfriend blazer. I love love love a blazer, and I love that these have a more menswear look about them, but are still very feminine. It is also another thing that will look great on most every body type. The “boyfriend” look is really hot right now, so this should be an easy find, the trick is finding a great classic one that, will take you from this season into the next. You want to look for one that is a solid color. This means NO PLAID, NO STRIPES, NO TACKY TATTOO DESIGN! I am on the hunt for a great grey blazer, but black, navy, and even white or pink or any color really, just keep it monochromatic. You can trend it up on your own with scarves, or broaches or even a Team Edward button, just make sure whatever you add to it can be removed.



Up next on the list is a great boot. I know this is self explanatory, so I won’t say much more than boots are something you should invest in. Not saying that you have to spend an arm an a leg on a great pair of boots, but i think you should buy some that will last you thru the years. The problem I have when I get $30 boots from payless, they almost always break, hurt my feet to the point that I don’t want to wear them, so get scratched up to easily. You can find great quality boots at an affordable price; you just have to know where to look. Try online or around Christmas you are almost guaranteed to find a great deal. Last year I bought a great pair of Steve Madden boots for like 80 bucks. They where originally a hundred and something, and they still look as great as they did when I bought them, maybe even better. Most importantly they don't hurt my feet!




Number four is a great piece of faux fur. I love fur, but I can’t afford real fur prices so I have to stick with the fake stuff. Fur is always in style, but this season it is making its way into mainstream, with the best quality faux fur pieces I have ever seen! Honestly I was at H&M the other day, and they had a really nice jacket for $60, and a vest for around 30 I think, and even a nice little stole, which I didn’t look at the price, but I’m sure it was probably between $20-30. The trick with this trend though is finding the right piece because I have seen a few faux furs that look like road kill. Use your best judgment before buying and you will be fabulous.



Finally we come to the end of the road. The last item on my list of fall staples is drum roll please… CONFIDENCE! We are all beautiful. Fashion is fun. Never follow anyone’s rules about fashion but your own. I wear white after Labor Day, and I think if done right black and brown looks AMAZING together, my clothes don’t always match, but I ALWAYS look fly. Fashion is what you make it, so if YOU don’t love it don’t wear it. Think back to when you were a kid and you played dress up, you probably had one 2 different earrings and pink and purple polka dots, but couldn’t nobody tell you nothing. NEVER lose that confidence, because that is always in fashion.

Peace
So much love
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment