Saturday, October 10, 2009

Introduction to Our Love Story

Hey Dolls, as you may know I am currently in a long distance relationship. I started this story a while back on my myspace blog, and I actua;;y forgot all about it unitl one of my friends asked me when the next installment would be. I figured I would bring it back on here for everyone to enjoy. Here is parts 1&2 and stay tuned for part 3!


PART ONE

FAB 4

Life is a funny thing. It always seems to pull you in a direction that you never expect to go. Take me for example. I never in a million years dreamed I would fall in love., and more than that I never dreamed it would have happened to me so early in life. I have always considered myself sort of a lone wolf. I have friends and a really close family, but I’ve always played my cards close to me chest. I have always had issue trusting people and although it sounds cliché I think it all stems from my issues with my father. I know a young black female with daddy issues real, how original. I really honestly think that kind of shit affects people, it’s just that some of us are better at hiding it than most people are. I have gradually become and expert at hiding my emotions. I never let anyone see all of me, just the bits and pieces I was comfortable sharing. Then something, or rather someone amazing happened.
I say that’s its fate, the way we met. I was sitting on Star’s couch listening to her and Chrysta talking about these random boys they had met on FACEBOOK. They were going through each one’s perspective page critiquing pictures and analyzing comments. Then out of nowhere Chrysta had the brilliant idea to make a spontaneous visit. Well of course I wasn’t gonna go. Hell no, I am was not gonna go and be the big fat 5th wheel. No NO NO!
Ten minutes later I’m sitting in the backseat of a blue Colbolt asking myself how I let these bitches talk me into this shit. I didn’t know these people from anywhere. What is they were crazy. I tried to rationalize, well we are going to on campus housing so they can’t be too bad. Plus they have been here before, no one was rapped yet. I needed to let go and enjoy life for once right. Hey you never know, you might like it…



PART TWO

107 BOYS

107 was the name of the house that sin built. It was a club disguised as campus housing, and the club owners/ residents, as fate would have it, were 6 members of the Muskingum Varsity Football team. Corey, Brennen, TJ, David, Josh and Martin lived, worked and played at 107.

Now on this night, my first night 107 was relatively calm. There were about 20 people there, mostly other guys from the team, and they were all just sitting around talking and laughing. Once we got there I was introduced to Corey and Brennan, Nika and Star respectively. They were the ones we were there to see, so I really didn’t pay much attention to the other hands I shook right off. Actually we only spent a few minutes downstairs before we went up to hang out in Brennen’s room.

Once we actually go in Brennen’s room I instantly felt much more at ease. The only people in there were Star, Brennen, Chrysta, Corey, Me and this kid Star and Chrysta nicknamed Nosey, because he stayed in everyone’s business. Nosey and I sat on the desk, Chrysta and Corey on the window seal and Star and Brennen on the bed. We just sat around and talked and watched videos on You Tube. I had a genuinely good time, getting to know these new people and I was glad that I came. There was something about Nosey that made me feel like I could tell him anything, and it was crazy because I don’t normally open up to anyone, even after knowing them for years.

We sat and laughed and whispered about everyone in the house and it was great, that is until other people started migrating into the room. Then someone had the brilliant idea to start taking picture. Fucking Facebook!!! So eventually all the boy left Brennen’s room for group pictures while me Star and Chrysta made fun of them.

Once the photo shoot was over everything seemed to clam down a bit. Most of the other boys left and we found ourselves in Corey’s room with a random assortment of boy, all but the one I was looking for. He was in the other room talking on the phone, presumably with his girlfriend. I definitely read that one all wrong…

No comments:

Post a Comment