Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wash Day andPonytail Rollerset/ Wrap(Pic Heavy)

Hey Dolls,
I know I didn't do a wash day update last week, but it was mostly because I am FINALLY satisfied with my wash routine so I didn't do anything new. This week however I am going to be attempting a ponytail roller set. I Am so close to reaching my first goal of SL I can taste it, my only worry is how will I style my hair once I get there. I don't want to wear a wig everyday, and I don't want to fall back into my habbit of relaying on heat to style my hair, so I have decided to really commit myself to learning as many low manipulation styles as possible. I have done rollersets in the past but, I can honestly say I was only happy with the results 1 time :/. I think its mostly because I just didn't care enough to try to perfect my technique. I knew I was going to put my wig on anyway so why bother right, WRONG. anyway I will be doing a length check and 9 month comparison in a later post, but I am on pace to be SL or atleast close enough to claim it by my Year mark in July, so that gives me 3 months to learn to style my real hair and first up is what I think will be the hardest, and that's roller setting. Anyway Lets get right into it. oh and as always click here for a list of products

Here's what you'll need:


1. I dc for an hour and a half. 30 min under the dryer and 1 hour under a towel.
2. Washed and Quick Condtioned (how i wash)
3. sepatated hair into 4 sections.
4. working 1 section at a time i applied my leave ins

5. then I seperated each the one large section into 2-4 smaller sections, depending on the amount of hair. In this first setion I used for rollers, in the back I only needed 2 etc. Once in the smaller pont tail i used the rat tooth comb to detangle and the i put in the roller, rolling in an upward motion. Once i reached the scalp i secured the roller with a duck bill clip.


here's what the finish section looked like


I did the same for each section and Vola!


then I put on my net


then sat under the dryer for about an hour(torture I know).

Once it was completly dry I took the rollers out.


then I cut out the ponytail holders(be careful not to cut your hair)amd this is also why I use the cheap little kid holders because you can get so many of them for likee $1.


then I used a small amount of Ors Hair Lotion and A Dime sized amount of Bio Silk and Wraped my hair



I then put on my plastic cap and net





and went back under the dryer for about 15 more minutes
Here's what I got when I took the wrap down.


It came out OK. I think I definiatly need to work on my wrapping skills cuz they suck! I think had I had a better wrap I would have had better end results, but my roots are very soft and manable, not to mention semi straight so no complaints there. I am going to re wrap it and that should also eliminate some of the poof. Not to mention my hair is about 14 weeks post relaxer so of course it would have come out better with a fresh perm.
More Pics after I take down the wrap and 9 month length check, until then

Peace
So Much Love
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment