Monday, March 22, 2010

Updates: Wash day, Box Braids and going Natural!!!

Hey Dolls!

Wash Day came a littlee early this week mostly due to the fact that we are extremely short staffed at work so this week I am works 6 days instead of and I dont spend 1/2 of my ONLY day off washing my hair. I got off a 5 today and I don't go in unitl 5 tomorrw wich is pleanty of time to DC WASH and RE BRAID.

Anywho. I treid out Kimmaytubes, wash day method and I am not exaggerating when I Say it was the BEST WASH DAY EVER!!! I found Kimmytube when I decided I want to go natural(more on that in a minute) and I just fell in love with her videos. For this wash day I decided to give one of her methods a try. Here's what I did

1. Took my braids out gently finger combing each section as I went.
2. Applied my Deep Condtioner(Sally's GVP conditioning balm) to my dry hair.
3. Put on my plastic cap and Turbie Twist and took a nap for about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Then I got into te shower and applied Mane&Tail conditioner(any cheapie will do) on top of my DC then detangeled under the running water.
5. Then washed with my clarifing shampoo(Sulfur8) BUT before I rinsed I applied some more M&T to help with the stripped feeling. Then rinsed
6. Then I quick Condditioned with my Giavonni DeeEp Moisture while I did my shower biz.
7. LAstly rinsed and detangled under cool running water.
8. Then I applied my leave-ins(HE LTR, Aphogee) and Moisturzed with my Bioinfusion and sealed with Coconut oil.

I don't feel like re braiding tonight so I just put mt hair in to low pony tails and put on my satin scarf. I will re braid tomorrow before work which brings me to my next point..

I love LOve LOVe my box braids! the best low mani style for me. I can still moisturize and oil my scalp while still being able to enjoy the ease of braids.

and Lastly I have decided not to go natural YET!!! I still have every intention of going natural, but I really want to reach my first goal of SL just to have some tanglible evidence of progress. Then once I am there I will make my first attempt at transistioning.

Sorry for the lack of pics.
Peace
So Much Love
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment