Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oil Guide: Coconut Oil


What Is it.
Coconut oil is a widely used cooking oil in most tropical countries. It is a soild oil with a melting point of 76 degrees. It is also well know in the beauty industry for its usefulness in hair and skin care. It also helps maintain cholesterol and stress levels making this an all around miracle oil. Coconut Oil also has many soothing properties which make it an ideal oil to add to your rotation.

Hair Uses and Benefits
-Helps re grow damaged hair
-scalp messages(sooths dandruff and dry scalp
-added to or in place of condtioner for shiny stronger hair
-great to seal in moisture

Other Uses and Benefits
-used for massages to help ease stress
- great out of the shower moisturizer
- helps prevent signs of aging
- helps aid in weightloss(try cooking with it)


My 2 cents
There are 7 million ways to use coconut oil so much so that I haven't even began to tip the surface. I want this little guide to be a starting point to your oil journey, but as with everything you must do your own research to find out everything you want to know. With that being said I LOVE COCONUT oil. I use it as my sealing oil and I mix it in my DC's. I also use it fresh out of the shower and I have definitly noticed an impact om my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment