Thursday, April 15, 2010

Egg on My Face...

Hey Doll's
So as you know from my Updates post I plan to relax next week. I will be exactly 16 weeks post. I am really proud of myself for stretching to 16 weeks, but I am also disappointed in myself forgiving up, because this stretch was such a breeze I know I could have gone longer, and I probably wont be as lucky nexy go round.

Anyway enough rambling. Since I am relaxing next week this wash day is my pre-relaxer wash day so that means it's heavy protein time! My protein treatment is simple, and many other lasies use the same method so I won't go into to much detail, but I will show you what I did.

First I started out buy bagging for most of the day. My hair isn't very protein friendly so I try to balance it out as much as possible.

In the actually treatmeant I only use 1 large egg and enough of Kitchen Sink to cover my enitre head and mixed it all together.


After it was all mixed up I set my timer for 25 minutes. Once again since I a leery of protein I don't let it stay in my hair very long at all. I settled on 25 minutes because it usually takes be about 10-12 minutes to apply it then I like to let it sit in my hair for another 13-15 minutes to let it do it's magic.

*When applying you might want to put an old towel on the floor because it can get really messy*

Once the timer went off I jumped in the shower and rinsed the Egg out with COOL WATER (hot water will cook the egg).

Once that was all out I Clairified and Deep Conditioned for about 2-3 hours and I did a AVC as my final rinse.(here is a list of my staple products)

Now I am basically gonna leave my hair alone until next Friday.

Peace
So Much Love
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment