Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oil Guide: Tea Tree Oil

Hey Dolls
Here is another entry of our Oil Guide. I want this to be sort of a quick referance guide to help you decide which oils are right for you,but I also encourage you to do some more in-depth reserch on your own if you want more info about a certin Oil. Knowledge is power right :).
Anyway Tea Tree Oil Is the oil of the day. As with all oils, the best kind of tea tree oil is 100% pure tea tree oil, but there are some brands that make tea tree oil mixes if you can't find pure oil or don't want to pay for it. One important thing to note with pure tea tree oil, as well as all essential oils is never use it without first diluting it with another oil, or glycerin or lotion or shampoo(get the picture).

Hair Benifits
- helps unclog the hair follicle and scalp
- helps prevent dandruff
- helps promote growth
- helps prevent lice

How to Use it
- mix it with your favorite shampoo's and condtioners
- mix it with another oil for scalp massages
- use it in a spritz to refresh your scalp when wearing braids


Other Benifits and Uses
-anit-inflamatory
-helps fight nail fungus
-helps with atheltes foot
-disinfects cuts and burns
-also helps heal skin(think neosporin)

My 2 Cents
I love Love LOVE essensial oil's because my scalp needs all the extra love and attention it can get. I have been going hard on tea tree oil latley because my scalp is killing me. I mixed it with my sweet almond oil and I use it oil oil my scalp whenever the urge strikes. I also use it in my weekly scalp scrub and I have it mixed in with my DC's. I also put a few drops in my Aloe Vera Spritz and I keep it in the fridge and it instanly cools and soothes my scalp after being under my wig all day. It is definatly a staple for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment