Sunday, February 13, 2011

Updated Wash Day Routine


*(please excuse my face]

Hey Dolls. Here is my new wash day routine
*(this will work if you’re relaxed too!]

Ok so here is my slightly updated wash day routine. I do a lot of the same steps that I did when I was relaxed and even when I transitioned, but the products are slightly different.

I started a personal healthly hair and scalp challenge to deep condition and scalp scrub 2 times a week until my birthday (June 12). So I will be doing this twice a week until then. After that time I will probably only do this once a week using Hair One, and co-wash as needed after that.

The first step in my wash day routine is scalp scrub. I gently apply the mixture directly to my scalp in circular motions.
The recipe is as follows:

2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2tablespoons of EVOO
1 teaspoon of Neem powder
10 drops of tea tree oil
(click here to see a previous posts and variations on this scrub)


After I scalp scrub I apply my pre-poo. My pre-poo changes from wash to wash depending on how lazy I am being that day. Sometimes I will go ahead and apply my DC or sometimes I will do the Molasses Treatment, and sometimes I will just use some EVOO.

This week I did the molasses treatment
This recipe has changed since I BC‘d, mostly because I don’t need to mix as much of it as I use to, but for more info or to see the old recipe CLICK HERE

.5 oz of your favorite conditioner
1 teaspoon of castor oil
1 teaspoon of EVOO
½ teaspoon of Molasses

I let that sit on my scalp and hair for about 15-20 minutes and then I rinsed and co-washed.

I put my turbie towel on for about 5 minutes just to soak up some of the excess moisture and then I applied my deep conditioner. Since I have been experiencing some twa dryness I went on ahead and used my Deep Treat Conditioner. Here’s my first impression of that.



About an hour or so later I rinsed that out and applied my leave-in and twisted my hair with V05 conditioners.

(click here for a full list of the products I am currently using)

HTH

No comments:

Post a Comment