Sunday, January 30, 2011

Molasses Treatmeant


Blackstrap Molasses is a great natural product with many uses outside of the kitchen, It is made of the left over goo that remains after raw sugar is turned into the granulated stuff that you find in the grocery store.

Molasses is chalk full of iron, calcium, magnesium, copper and potassium. With so many nutrients it is easy to see why molasses helps stop breakage/shedding, darkens hair and adds softness and shine. Molasses also has been know to help with acne, heart palpitations, arthritis and anemia just to name a few.

I started doing molasses treatments to combat shedding and breakage due to my transition and I loved it so much I added it to my weekly regimen. I use it as a pre poo before I wash and deep condition.

Here’s how :
(note Molasses is a protein so make sure to always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner]*

I normally just eye ball it, but if you want to measure it out here’s how

1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses
2 tablespoons of EVOO
½ a cup of Conditioner
5 drops of tea tree oil



I put all the ingredients in an applicator bottle and shake shake shake.




Then I section my hair off into 4 sections and apply the mix throughout.

I cover it with a plastic cap and leave it on about 20 minutes and rinse it out.

Then I wash and deep condition like normal..

This leaves my hair soft and strong, and I have minimal shedding and breakage.

Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment