Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Regimen and Personal Challenge

Hey Dolls,



i wanted to do an updated regimen since I've been natural. I am still stumbling my way around my natural hair, but I think I have a pretty solid regimen down so here it goes..

Oh yea this regimen is base on a personal challenge of achieving the healthiest hair and scalp possible so until my birthday I will be deep conditioning and scalp scrubbing 2 times a week. Click Here for updated products and recipes

THURSDAYS and SUNDAYS(wash days)

1. Pre-Poo(either DC, Molasses, Oil Treatment or Protein Treatment)

2. Scalp Scrub(usually while pre-poo is marinating)

3. Wash or co-wash

4. Saturate hair with a conditioner and detangle( this is when I dc if I haven't already if so then I usually just use a cheapie with lots of slip)

5. Cool water rinse

6. apply leave-ins

7. Two Strand Twist or Shingle.

DAILY For Twists

1. Spritz hair in the morning and at night

2. apply more leave-in and re-twist some sections if needed)

3. satin scarf, then a wig for protective styling or my bonnet for bed :)

DAILY for Shingles

1. Chose my accessory

2. coat hand with oil and run throughout hair to fluff until it looks the way I want it to.

2b. if my hair is not coming back to life with just the oil and fluffing then I will spritz my hair and add a bit more gel and re style.

3. oil scalp if needed

4. at night just add a bit more oil and on my bonnet

5 things I always do


1. drink lots of water
2. sleep with a bonnet or scarf
3. take my vitamins
4. listen to what my hair is telling me
5. detangle with lots of conditioner for slip

No comments:

Post a Comment