Sunday, February 13, 2011

5 things I've Learned About my Natural Hair


As you all know by now I big chopped one week ago today. It has been an amazing journey so far, and I’ve learned a lot this week. So here’s a list of the 5 most important things I’ve learned thus far.

1. TWA dryness sucks :/ It’s hard to be fly when your hair feels like a brillo pad. #imjustsayin

2. Invest in a GOOD deep conditioner. Now I’m not telling you how to spend your money, BUUUTTTT get you one. And when I say good I mean something that is meant specifically for DEEP Conditioning. Look for the words INTENSIVE or RESTORATIVE MASK. Oh and don’t use your good stuff ever week. that’s just a big ole waste of money.

3. KEEP THEM CURLS STRETCHED!!! The first rule in the natural handbook. Prevent fairy knots at all costs! I like to do twists , but sometimes I’m lazy and I do ponytails.. (I know I’ve only been natural for a week, but I’m still lazy geesh]

4. Twist-outs are NOT my bff. I look like side show bob. I am probably just doing them wrong, but for me and my twa wash and go’s are the way to go!!! Do like me, experiment and find your signature TWS style.

5. LOVE the hair on YOUR OWN HEAD I know a lot of ladies are surprised by the texture of their hair when they finally bc, but I love my kinky coils. I am happy with my choice to big chop, and I have no regrets. I will say that even though I chopped spontaneously I was ready to begin my natural hair journey. Seeing yourself with 2 inchees of hair is not for the faint of heart. Don’t do it until your confident enough to rock your TWA proudly.

Peace
So much Love
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment