Friday, March 19, 2010

Box Braids!!!

Hey Dolls!
Today is Friday which means WASH DAY!!!! I realized that I don't have an in depth post on my wash day routine so I figured why not add it to this post.

Here's what I used:


This week m Pre-poo was my DC. I know it's confusing, but a pre poo is actually anything you do to prepare your hair for your wash.
- I DC'd with my Sallay's GVP Conditioning Balm overnight
- I washed with my Giavonni Smooth as Silk Shampoo
- Quick Conditioned with the Smooth as Silk Conditioner

After my wash I sperated my hair into 4 sections:


then detangeled with:

(the Spray bottle has my Silken Child Detangler because i hate the pump on the original bottle)You dont have to use what I used. any leave in you have will do as long as it has good slip

For Each Section
- I sprayed the Aphogee(use up my stash)
- applied my LTR
- sprayed the Silken Child
- then used my wide tooth comb to detangle

Then to the ends of my hair I used:

-ors Hair Lotion
- coconut oil

NOW on to the braids.

Here's what you'll need:

- Duck bill Clips
- Rat Tail comb to part sections
- Rollers for the ends of braids

I worked in the same 4 sections from before


half way done:


done!!


the roots!!


I hope I can make these braids last for 2 weeks, but I will be happy with a just one. Oh and I am only gonna leave the rollers in for about an hour so just to keep the braids from unraveling. Then Volia! The perfect under wig style for those who can't cornrow like me!

Peace
And so Much Love
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment