Friday, March 5, 2010

Home Made Coffee Scrub...

Hey dolls!
Just wanted to share this amazing homemade exfoliator with you all. I have been obessesd with Lush Cosmetics. I have probably watched every youtube video about Lush ever posted, and I have been wanting to splurge on some stuff. If your not familar with Lush click HERE to check out their website.

Anyway Lush is great and all, but its kind of overpriced for everday use. I probably wont actully buy any until my birthday because I always feel like its a waste of shipping to only order one or two things, and the closest lush store(yes i looked it up) is about a 45 minute drive from my house, so once again if I made the trip I would definitely want to spend more than I should.

Anyway Lush is so popular, and so expensive because they make great beauty products with all natural ingredients. So I decided to search youtube to see if i could find a recipe for a natural weekly body and face scrub and here's what I found.

*disclaimer*
I have tried this a few times now and I really love it, but of course if you use this or any other homemade treatments always ALWAYS do a test patch to see how your skin will react..


you'll need coffee, coco powder, and EVOO


I think this is a tablespoon , and it's what i use to make my coffe with every morning.
I think you can use coffee grounds as well, but we have this can that no one uses so I figure its a great way to get rid of it. Once its gone i will switch to gounds because its more economical!


next i add the coco powder, any brand will do, I use the same spoon!



the mix is 2 parts coffee 1 part coco



add in a little evoo at a time until you get it to the consistancy you want it. I like mine completely saturated, but not runny(my evoo is in a color applicator bottle because its the same stuff i use for my hair. you dont have to put it in one though)


i put a towel over the sink because it gets a little messy


GENTLY apply it all over your face and lips, messaging it into the skin in circular motions. becareful not to scrub too hard. When I'm done I jump in the shower with the remainder of the mixture and scrub my enitre body.

It leaves my skin soft and silky feeling. I use this as a weekly treatment, and with the left overs i will do a mid week lip scrub just to keep my lips nice and soft. I also want to try this mixture on my feet for a nice at home pedicure...
Peace
So Much love
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment