Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Winter Hair Regimen

This is long overdue But this is what I will be doing this winter to my hair! I will probably update this post once I get my Terresentials Mud Wash in but until then here you go!!1

This winter I plan to keep my hair in protective stlyes 90% of the time.

Here’s a quick rundown
1. Kinky Twists for 4-6 weeks
2. Let my hair rest for 1-2 weeks in between installations
a. Wash/co wash once a week
b. Wear hair in twists to for stretching 5 days
c. Enjoy hair in a low manipulation style for 2 days a week

Let me break it down!!

Here’s a video on my Kinky twist regimen:


While my hair is out in between installs :
WashDay Week 1:
DC on dry hair adding and egg to my condtioner for protein
Rinse
Clarify my scalp to remove any excess bulild up
Oil rinse
Apply a rinse out condtioner to remove any excess oils.
Apply leave-ins/ moisturizers and seal
Let hair air dry in medium size twists to prevent SSKS and to stretch hair slightly
Keep hair in twists 5 days were hair out 2 days(twist out, braid outs, puffs, bantu knot outs)
Spritz hair every few days to keep it moisturized

WashDay Week 2
Dc on dry hair
Rinse
Oil rinse
Co wash
Apply a rinse out condtioner to remove any excess oils.
Apply leave-ins/ moisturizers and seal
Let hair air dry in medium size twists to prevent SSKS and to stretch hair slightly
Keep hair in twists 5 days were hair out 2 days(twist out, braid outs, puffs, bantu knot outs)
Spritz hair every few days to keep it moisturized

WashDay Week 3
Video for kinky twist pre-install prep


Product Rundown*I’ll add links to product reviews as I write them*
= holy grails

Leave-ins
Kinky Curly Knot Today
Giovonni Direct Leave-in 
Oyin Handmade Hair Dew
Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp

Moisturizers
Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding
Bee Mine Luscious

Spritz
Oyin Handmade Jucies and Berries
Bee Mine Juicy
Spray Bottle(Leave-in, H2O ,Oil)

Stylers
Eco Gel Argan Oil
Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter
Oyin Handmade Shine and Define


Sealants/Oils

Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade
Coconut Oil 
Conditioners(dc= deep condtion, ro= rinse out)
Bee Mine bee-u-ti-fu (dc)
Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp(dc, ro)
Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering  (dc,ro)


These are all products in my current stash, but most are just sample sizes! After using them up I will decide what I want to purchase full size bottle of and what I can live without.

No comments:

Post a Comment