Friday, November 11, 2011

Product Junkies Unite! Holy Grails, Staples and the rest!

Ok dolls I figured it would be interesting to do a post how I grade my products! I judge most hair products in kind of the same way I judge perfume, which is even if it smells good (or if my hair responds well to it) I probably wont repurchase it unless I absolutely LOVED it.

Now the reason I say that is because there is soooo many great products out there that I want to try I don't see the point in spending more money on something that I only like when something LOVE could be just a click away! Now some people will say that trying new products all the time is not being consistent to your regimen but I say products DO NOT MAKE YOUR HAIR LONG! Routines, Techniques and Knowing what YOUR hair likes and doesn't is what helps you retain length!!!

Lets be clear, I'm not saying go out and buy everything and rotate your products daily, i'm just saying that when I run out of something I only like i'm going to replace it with something else! Let me break it down...

I put all of my hair products into 1 of 4 categories

1. Products my hair hates!



I usually like to try a product 2 times before I put it into this category. I work hard for my money so before I give or throw it away I want to be sure there is nothing worth saving about it. If I still can't work it into my regimen then I usually just give it to my mom and sisters because between the 4 of them someone will probably like it.

2. Been there done that products


these products are generally the ones that I won't repurchase. These are the ones that my hair doesn't hate but they also are not ones my hair loves. I rotate them in weekly/monthly etc just to get my moneys worth but I wouldn't ever buy them again. On to the next one!

3. Staple products



These are products I really like. They are major players in my current product stash and I may or may not re visit them in the future. I get good results with these products but I still think the grass might be greener on the other side!

4. Holy muther' fukin' Grails



these are the only products that I will absolutely be re purchasing. My hair LOVES these products and I always get great results from using them. I will always have a bottle of theses products in my stash and even if I do from time to time try out other things I will always go back to them.

So you see there is nothing wrong with being a PJ you just have to be able to recognize the true diamonds in a see of coal and keep it moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment