Thursday, January 28, 2010

How I airdry, and a little ditty about Setbacks...

Ok so this is the final chapter in my bout with extreme dryness, but first I would like to show you how I air dry my hair. PLease excuse the shiny forehead and the fresh from the shower look.





Anywho, I ended up washing my hair, well clarifying to remove some of the build up, and then I did a quick condtion with my Smooth as Silk conditioner, and finger combed my hair. I already detangled with my wash day and since my hair has already been through so much I decided the comb would only make matter worse.

But I digress,
1. I appied my leave-in HE LTR
2. Sealed with Coconut Oil
3. finger combed my hair once more making sure everything was applied evenly
4. tied my scarf around my head
5. pushed my scarf back slightly laying down my edges(look at the pic)
6. divided my hair into 2 pigtails making buns

I always air dry like this to pretty decent results Hope this helps


NOW ON to the CONE issue.
I am so mad at myself for being dumb enough not to realize what I was doing to my hair. This setback was so preventable, but I am thankful it could have been a lot worse. I lost only a small amount of hear due tto shedding and breakage, and here are the reason I think that is.(yes, another list)

1. I pay very close attention to my hair. Even though I have a very low manipulation regimen, I always examine my hair every night when I moisturize and seal.

2. I drink lots of water. I think that is the only reason my hair wasn't as dry as it could have been, because even though the sillicones blocked my hair from the moisturizer i appiled nightly, all the water helped keep my hair moisturized internally, if that makes sense.

3. I keep it simple. ONce I realized there was a problem it wasn't hard to figure out what was causing it. My regiment and products dn't change much so it was easy to pin point the cause.

4. i didn't freak out. The hardest thing about a setback is the fact that it ruins your confidence. My intial reaction was, WHY AM I WASTING MY TIME I WILL NEVER HAVE LONG HAIR!!!! Then I thought about some of the ladies who started with hair like mine and now have hair down their backs. It's possible you just have to have patients.

5. I am a member of several hair boards. Once I realized I was in setback city I hit the boards with avengence, researching all the products in my regimen, and looking for advice to combat the situation, and it save me and my hair!!!

Now my hair is not back 100% the way it was, but it will get there and I can move on from this and still hopefully make it to SL by July, my 1 year anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment