Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Extreme Dryness...

I think that i am going throw a bout of protein overload. Yesterday was wash day and my hair just didn't respond. It felt dry even though it was soaking wet. I didn't lose a lot of hair so I hope I caught it before it turned into set back city. I am not even sure if it is protein overload, but something is definitely off. I did a clarifying wash last week, and I use my sample bottle of porosity control with this wash as a final rinse so i can rule out porosity and build-up as possible culprits,so for now I am going to treat this problem like too much protein and blast my hair with moisture. allow me to introduce you to the calvary...




from left to right
Spray Bottle, Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Juice, Glycerin(from Wal Mart), Dabur Rose water, from my local Indian store.

Now I have been using an aloe spritz for my scalp and its working well so i decided to re vamp my recipie to add more rose water and more glycerin and use it on my enitre head every night until my problem is solved. Mu plan is to Spray this and seal with coconut oil, and baggy for 30 mintues every night before bed. I am hoping i will see results in the next few days, if not, back to the drawing board...



Oh and I'm not sure if the honey pre poo helped or hurt the situation. I will have to try it again on balanced healthy hair...


UPDATE(Jan. 28)

Ok so i think my problem is from an over usage of sillicones. I wrote a post about it today, but I just wanted to amend this to say that even if i had been suffering from protein overload I would have taken the same measures, so I'm leaving the moisture/protien tag...

No comments:

Post a Comment