Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Holy of Holy'


Hey Dolls,


So I have a confession to make. I have really been slipping on my deep conditioning as of late. I’m talking once a month MAYBE. *Gasps* I know I know but in my defense since I’ve been using terressentials mud wash my hair hasn’t really felt Super dry. 

I think one of the major reasons I’ve stopped DC’ing is because I haven’t found a deep conditioner that really makes anymore of a difference to my hair than my Yes to Carrots conditioner. So I was like why not eliminate the extra step? And save the extra $$

I would however like to step up my DC game for the summer, because I will be wearing my hair out a lot more, and experimenting with new styles, and I don’t want any setbacks!

I have been experimenting with a new deep conditioner and I think I’m in LOVE. It’s a variation of Naptural85’s Greek yogurt DC and it has already been promoted to the Holy Grail list. I am also in the process of looking for a store bought HG deep conditioner (because sometimes I get lazy) so for those of you that aren’t into mixing your own products stay tuned for that.

Here we go.

I always deep condition on dry dirty hair.

This mix adapted from Naptural85.

½ Cup of Greek(I bought low fat by mistake but it worked just as well) Yogurt
2 tablespoons of Oil (I’m using EVOO today, but I just pick whichever oil is handy at the moment)
1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
10-20 drops of tea tree oil ( to stimulate growth, help with dry scalp and mask the smell)


Now you want to try to not get this on your scalp because the smell might linger on long after you’ve washed it out, but I didn’t have any issues with that.

Now I’m an airhead and I didn’t take any pics of me applying this mixture but I apply it in the same way I apply everything which is section by section. I also started at the ends and worked my way up.(Don’t let it touch your scalp, or try you best anyway)

When you’re done cover it with a plastic cap and let it sit for at least 15 minutes. You can leave it on as long as you want. I think I left it on for about 45 min.
wet hair before I washed

after washed and 85% dry

This DC left, my curls stretched and hydrated. My hair has never felt softer! I think this will be good for relaxed heads, transitioning and color treated heads because it has just enough protein without being over powering, and it helps you hair to retain moisture. The best part is, you probably have all the ingredients already in your house.

Try it.
I dare ya
XOXO
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment