Friday, January 28, 2011

The Dirty PArts of the Bible


The Dirty Parts of the Bible
Author: Sammy Torode

The Dirty Parts of the Bible is a coming of age story sent in post depression America and is centered around a young boy named Tobias. Tobias is the son a Baptist preacher from Michigan, and he only has two things on his mind God and girls.

The adventure begins when Tobias’ father is blinded in a freak accident. This causes the preacher to send 20 year old Tobias across country to his hometown of Glen Rose, Texas to find money he buried in a dry well decades before. In his quest for the cash Tobias encounters prostitutes, hobos and even a demon and learns more about himself and his faith.

Dirty Parts is like an adventure, comedy and love story all wrapped up in one smartly written and entertaining novel. It is a quick and easy read that keeps your attention from cover to cover and will even have you laughing out loud. I only discovered this book after I ordered Water for Elephants (haven’t read it yet, review still to come)and Amazon suggested I read it too. Since it was only .99 cents, (I‘m not gonna lie the title peeked my interest a little) I decided to get it and it has become one of my all time favorite books. I definitely recommend giving it a try. :)

2.99 cents on Kindle/Kindle app
13.95 on new on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment