Thursday, January 27, 2011

Dry Skin Quick FIx..



I found this little beauty on a recent excavation to Wal-Mart. It was my shopping day(i'm such a house wife) and I had to restock a few personal items as well. As I'm sure you all know by now, I have a really REALLY dry skin so lotion is an absolute MUST for me and being that it is smack dead in the middle of winter and my Jergens has not been doing it's job as of late.

So as I was pursing the health and beauty section I figured I would look for a new lotion to help get me thru till spring. Mind you I have tried just about every lotion, ointment, cream and salve I could get my hands on and nothing has really worked. So I took my time and read over each bottle carefully so that I wouldn't make the wrong choice. Thats when I saw the VASELINE Brand Oil/Gel. I figured I would give it a try until I noticed the baby oil GEl was the same size but it was 2 bucks cheaper lol. The frugalista in me couldn't resist the swap, But once I got it home I remembered that I tried the baby oil gel before, and it only left my skin feeling greasy and coated.

As careful as I was in the store I saw the chance to save a few bucks and ended up capping out, but since I bought it I thought hell might as well give it one more try. Thats when I did something I should have done a long time ago... I READ THE DIRECTIONS lol.
This Stuff IS amazing, you just have to use it right!

What they say..
Step out of the shower or bath, then apply on wet skin to lock in moisture and leave skin feeling soft and smooth. Pat dry with towel.


They are not kidding when they say leaves skin feeling soft and smooth. I use this every night when I get out of the shower, and I haven't needed lotion since. In fact the only time I put lotion on is when I use scented lotion to help layer whichever perfume i'm wearing that day.

The only thing I would say is a little goes a long way. If you use to much I will leave a residue on your skin, and for about 3 bucks a pop you can't beat it with a stick. Definitely a staple in my skin care arsenal from here on out. Next time I think I'm going to try the lavender scent..
Hope This Helps

Peace
So Much Love
Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment